Marewa Surgery is a dedicated skin cancer and dermatology clinic located in sunny Napier.
We specialise in the diagnosis and treatment of skin cancers including melanoma, and also in general dermatology. We have proudly been offering this service to the people of Napier and the wider Hawke’s Bay region for over 25 years.
We now have four doctors to help with any skin related concerns:
- Dr Marcia Sonneveld - GP Dermatology & Skin Cancer Doctor
- Dr Barry Leslie - Skin Cancer Doctor
- Dr Ruud Horlings - Dermatologist
- Dr Anthony Fraser - Skin Cancer Doctor
We are happy to see new patients either with or without a GP referral. Feel free to call with any enquiries or to book an appointment when suits.
Marewa Surgery is an Affiliated Provider to Southern Cross Health Society.
- COVID-19: COVID Level 1 - We are open the usual hours and with the appropriate Level 1 precautions. If you have any cold or flu symptoms please do not come in to the surgery. We will need to postpone your appointment or minor surgery until when you are well. Please call Healthline on 0800 358 5453 to see if Covid-19 testing is required.
- SKIN CLINIC: We are now a dedicated skin cancer and dermatology clinic. Dr Marcia Sonneveld has retired from General Practice as of February 2021, and we acknowledge her 25 plus years of good work in this field. She will continue to work at Marewa Surgery in skin only so is happy to see any skin related concerns. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Did you know?
- New Zealand and Australia have the highest rates of skin cancer, including melanoma, in the world.
- Approximately 50% of all Kiwis will get a skin cancer in their lifetime.
- 80% of all new cancers diagnosed in New Zealand are skin cancers.
- Over 4000 people are diagnosed with melanoma every year in New Zealand
- Over 350 Kiwis die of melanoma every year - roughly equal to the annual NZ road deaths.